So Thanksgiving is a week ago, and you still have left-over turkey coming out the ying-yang! So what do you do with leftover turkey?
Here are a few suggestions —
- Make soup stock
- Make turkey soup
- Make turkey pot pie
- Make turkey salad
- Make turkey quesadillas
- Make turkey tetrazzini – and check out my recipe below for this yummy dish I made!
Author: Jocelyn Wilhelm
Recipe type: Pasta
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 7 T unsalted butter
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 lb mushrooms, ends trimmed, sliced
- ½ t fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ c flour
- ¼ c dry white wine
- 2 c chicken stock (I used turkey stock, yes, from leftover turkey too!)
- 1¾ c heavy cream
- 12 oz wide egg noodles
- 1 lb turkey, cubed
- 1 T fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- ⅓ c fresh Parmesan, grated
- 1 (5½ oz.) potato chips, crushed
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1½ t salt
- ¾ t ground black pepper
- ½ t red pepper flakes
- Saute the onions and bell peppers in 6 tablespoons butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven over high heat until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent from burning.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft and have released their liquid, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and chicken stock and cook, stirring, until smooth and thick, about 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and very flavorful, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the egg noodles until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Butter a 9 by 13-inch casserole or baking dish with the remaining tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- When the sauce has thickened, add the noodles, turkey, parsley, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and Parmesan to the skillet and stir until thoroughly combined. Transfer to the prepared casserole and top with the potato chips.
- Bake uncovered until bubbly and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.