Whenever I want a quick easy meal that is bursting with flavor, I always make something with shrimp. My family loves seafood and I always keep some frozen shrimps that I get from Costco. And yes, being that I love to cook, I have all the mentioned ingredients readily available in my cupboard. Who doesn’t have Honey Panko Bread Crumbs around?! Just kidding! 😉
You can get Honey Panko Bread Crumbs at any Asian or even your local grocery store. Anyway, this easy to follow recipe is always a hit with my family and it’s even tastier the next day…..that is, if we have any left-over.
Enjoy this easy to make Shrimp Scampi recipe using Honey Panko Bread Crumbs. Talk about an explosion of fusion flavors — your family will think you’re a Gourmet Rock Star! So go ahead and try this recipe and let me know how you liked it!
Click on the link to find other recipes using Honey Panko Bread Crumbs if you’re feeling adventurous!
- 1½ lb. Shrimp (deveined & butterflied)
- 3 T Olive
- 2 T White Wine
- 2 T Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1 t Fresh Rosemary (chopped)
- 4 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 bulb Shallot (minced)
- 1 t Lemon zest
- 1½ stick of butter (softened)
- ¾ cup of Panko bread crumbs (found in any Asian or your local grocery store)
- 1 t Sea Salt
- 1 t Black Pepper
- Juice of 1 whole Lemon
- Peel, devein and butterfly cut shrimps and put in a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil, white wine, parsley, rosemary, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix gently. Set aside and let marinade for about 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine softened butter, garlic, shallots, lemon zest and juice with Panko bread crumbs.
- Arrange shrimps on a 1" deep baking dish, so that the flat part of the shrimp are at the bottom with the tails curling up.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp.
- Crumble to Panko bread crumb mixture on top of the shrimp.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degree oven.
- Serve with hot pasta or crusty bread. Enjoy!