Baked acorn squash is one of my favorite recipe for Fall. Hope you enjoy!
Baked Acorn Squash Recipe ~ Meyer Farms
Baked acorn squash is one of my favorite recipe for this very nutritious fall vegetable. Enjoy!
Author: Jason Miller
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 Meyer Farms Organic Acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the acorn squash in half, lengthwise, from stem to end. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Score the insides several times with a knife.
- Place each half on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Add a little water to the bottom of the baking sheet to prevent burning. Coat inside of the squash with butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, grated nutmeg, and salt.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until the squash is very soft and the tops are browned.
- Let cool a little before serving and spoon any sauce onto exposed areas.